As a coordinating hub within the UvA Library, the centre is uniquely positioned to facilitate knowledge exchange as well as the training of skills related to digital and data-driven research, and thus contributes to the innovation, diffusion and cross pollination of data science across the university.
For more background information, see:
- The announcement of the DSC
- A blog post by the DSC scientific director
- An overview of the Data Science Day 2021
In 2021, with help from the DSC multiple data scientists and engineers are embedded at several faculties of the University of Amsterdam. In 2022 we will increase this number via the Accelerate Programme 2022.
The DSC celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all members. The DSC values a spirit of enquiry and endurance, provides the space to keep asking questions and cherishes a diverse atmosphere of curiosity and creativity.
The DSC aims to promote data science education. These are the current data science programmes available at UvA:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Bioinformatics and Systems Biology (joint degree UvA/VU)
- Business Data Science
- Computational Science (joint degree UvA/VU)
- Computer Science (joint degree UvA/VU)
- Data Analytics (MSc Econometrics)
- Information Studies: Data Science (track)
- Information Studies: Information Systems (track)
- MBA Big Data & Business Analytics
- Medical Informatics
- Psychology: Behavioural Data Science (track)
- Software Engineering